Senior Cloud Engineer
Extreme Solution is a product-driven development firm that works within a range of markets and brands creating compelling, successful technology products. We help people perfect and realize their visions for digital products. While others may just churn out what a client asks for, we strive to truly understand the problems our clients are aiming to solve and will stop at nothing to build solid products that we’re proud of. DevOps & Cloud team at Extreme Solution is dedicated to building, evolving and operating dynamic, secure and resilient systems at scale. Our team members participate in the entire product & service lifecycle from design through the development and testing process to production support and operations. Our goal is to leverage best-in-class development techniques to operational tasks.
Your Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as an advocate for quality practices including the development of automated testing to improve business processes.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing cloud based system environments, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of deployed systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Follow configuration standards for software and infrastructure.
- Manage CI & CD tools and pipeline as a partner to development and QA teams.
- Recommend, develop and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, configuration management and security.
- Oversight of critical incidents and major system escalations from initiation to resolution.
- Create mechanisms/architectures that enable fault tolerance and rapid recovery from failure
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent experience with Linux based platforms (Debian/Ubuntu/CoreOS).
- Excellent experience with Microsoft Products (Windows/ Active Directory)
- Excellent experience in network and server engineering.
- Excellent experience with infrastructure automation/configuration management such as Terraform , helm.
- Demonstrated experience installing, operating and troubleshooting a variety of open source technologies.
- Excellent experience with PaaS technologies such as containers, container orchestration and scheduling, service registration / discovery and monitoring (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with software quality principles and associated tools for testing and analysis.
- Experience with Workloads Migration to Cloud.
- Experience with CI & CD practices and supporting tools (Github Actions, Jenkins, SonarQube or similar).
- Demonstrated experience in documenting, designing and redesigning processes in an enterprise environment.
November 19, 2023
2-4 years of experience