Extreme Solution helps customers transform and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our offerings are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes and use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work with the Sales team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective and existing customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures to solve their business challenges, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks.
You will work collaboratively with other architects and engineers to design, prototype and lead the deployment of scalable Google Cloud Platform (GCP) architectures. You will work with engineering teams, customers and sales teams to qualify potential engagements, craft robust architectural proposals, and deliver Statements of Work (SOWs) that engineering teams can successfully execute. You’re also hands-on, able to conduct experiments and build functioning prototypes that prove out ideas and build confidence in the solutions you advocate.
You will be a recognized expert within ES and will develop a reputation with customers as well as the sales and professional services teams for the quality of your work. You will demonstrate repeated delivery of project architectures that other engineers and architects demur to you for lack of expertise. You will also lead early-stage opportunity technical qualification calls, as well as lead client-facing technical discussions.
- Support sales in pursuit of business opportunities and engage customers to address aspects of their on-prem or cloud infrastructure, applications deployment, and data lifecycle.
- Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Manage technical projects, including technology advocacy, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work hands-on with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, using best practices, on Google Cloud.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight the Google Cloud Platform value proposition, using presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, and RFI response documents.
Required Credentials: Google Professional Cloud Architect Certified and/or Google Professional Data Engineer Certified, or able to complete one of the above within the first 60 days of employment.
- Mastery in at least one of the following domain areas:
- Infrastructure Modernization: migrating n-tiered workloads from on-prem and other clouds to GCP with near-zero-downtime (includes full spectrum of lift and shift to complete re-platforming scenarios), or building hybrid-cloud solutions based on Anthos and containerization technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Istio
- Application Development: building custom web and mobile applications on top of the GCP stack
- Data Engineering: data warehouse modernization (including technical architectures, star/snowflake schema designs, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT pipelines and reporting/analytic tools), OLTP/OLAP data migrations, or backup, restore and disaster recovery solutions.
- Experience providing oversight and direction of cloud projects
- Experience leading technical design sessions, architecting and documenting technical solutions that are aligned with client business objectives, and identifying gaps between the client’s current and desired end states
- Experience strategizing, designing, architecting and leading the deployment of scalable solutions on GCP
- Experience across multiple cloud platforms: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Experience with container engines: Kubernetes, Docker, AWS Elastic Container Service
- Experience with automation technologies including Terraform, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, AWS Cloud Formation or Microsoft Azure Automation
- Experience working with engineering and sales teams to elicit customer requirements
- Ability to communicate across business units and the ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple streams and lead less experienced architects
- Experience as a technical consultant or another customer-facing technical role
- Hands-on experience designing and recommending elegant solutions that drive business outcomes
- Experience building, designing and migrating complex cloud architectures
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and techniques with a willingness and capability to skill up the team
- Ability to lead an in-depth client meeting/workshop across a broad range of topics including discovery, cloud compliance, and security
- Deep understanding of best practices, design patterns, reference and compliance architectures with an uncanny ability to build and recommend these as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends, new technologies and the ability to apply these to customer architectures to drive outcomes
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment