A sales development representative (SDR) is a member of a sales team who focuses on one important aspect of the sales process: finding and qualifying leads. Sales development reps usually perform inbound and outbound prospecting to generate leads, talking to a wide range of potential customers on the phone or over email before passing the promising leads on to the sales manager who closes the deal. The SDR position evaluates leads from marketing channels, reaches out to new leads, and works with the sales manager to monitor their metrics and performances. Sales development reps should have exceptional communication skills as their position focuses mainly on cold calling and customer engagement.
- Perform inbound and outbound prospecting to generate leads
- Evaluate inbound leads from marketing channels via email, calls, social media networking, etc. to decide if they meet the company’s profile.
- Reach out to find new leads, researching prospects online , then reaching out via cold call or cold email to qualify the lead.
- Pass qualified leads & set appointments for sales managers once the right opportunities arise to guide the prospect through the sales cycle to close the deal.
- works with sales managers to monitor metrics and track performance.
- Bachelor Degree in any major
- At least 1 year of experience in inbound & outbound sales
- Technical product knowledge, Mainly G Suite
- Strong Communication skills
- Confident when making cold calls, and charismatic enough to encourage leads to learn more about your product or service and refer them to an account executive for a follow-up consultation.
- Experience in inbound and outbound sales calls
- Comfortable managing your time wisely and working quickly and efficiently to meet the team’s performance goals.
- Determination and the ability to handle rejection.
Required Behavioural Core Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Results Oriented
- Planning & Organizing
- Communicating & influencing