Engineering Tech leadCairo, Egypt - Fulltime
Roles and Responsibilities :
– Lead our frontend and backend web engineering efforts, providing the team with mentorship, guidance and career development opportunities
– Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to continuously improve our development process, delivery standards and output quality
– Preparing and delivering technical proposals and presentations to all involved stakeholders
Collaborating with an international backend team to define, build out and run standardized deployments for applications
– Assess the technical feasibility of newly-created product ideas and continuously propose implementation solutions while identifying risk throughout the design and development lifecycle
– Defining and documenting best practices on the technologies being used to support ES’s commitment to excellence
Mentoring and guiding more junior technical resources.
– Generating convincing and substantiated technology and architecture recommendations
– Promote and advocate for writing logical, pragmatic code, frequently performing code reviews.
– Lead the solution & cloud architecture for various software systems and integrations, designing API interfaces, database storage.
– Contribute to and support ongoing development operations for the mobile & web engineering practice, including automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
The Ideal Candidate :
– Has 5+ years of professional, hands-on development experience
– 4+ years managing, hiring and leading software engineering teams
– Has an in-depth understanding of web development practices and technologies (HTML5, CSS3, HTTPs) and tools (Webpack, Docker, etc.)
– Familiar with software architecture patterns (SOA, Microservices, etc), database optimizations, infrastructure, scalability and deployment (AWS, Docker, etc.)
– A broad understanding of the software development lifecycle and practical hand-on experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery
– Proficiency in one or more of the following frameworks : Vue, React, Angular, or other modern JS SPA
– Experience working with Python/Django or Node.js for developing modular RESTful APIs; familiarity or experience with GraphQL a plus
– Solid practical experience with Git as well as knowledge of GitHub and best practices of working collaboratively with distributed teams
– Experience working in an Agile development environment, Scrum or otherwise; familiarity using Jira and Confluence is a plus
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to present and explain complex technical concepts and software solutions to clients and project teams alike
– High degree of confidence operating in client-facing scenarios both in-person and on calls
– A demonstrated experience inspiring and motivating teams
– Excellent debugging, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
– Familiarity with Sketch and a strong appreciation for design is ideal